“The highest education is that which does not merely give us information but makes our life in harmony with all existence.” – RABINDRANATH TAGORE
PROFILE OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Commerce is one of the Pioneer departments of the College. It was started with the B.Com., programme in the year 1997 and M.Com., programme was introduced in the year 2004. It was another mile stone of the department that it was elevated as the Research Department in 2014. There are 8 Staff members offering their service for the Commerce students’ community. 4 Staff members are Ph.D., holders and 4 Staff members hold M.Phil., degree.
The Department is pioneer in conducting periodical Seminar and Workshop Programmes. So far one International Seminar (2016), 4 National Seminar (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016), one State level Seminar (2012)and 3 Workshop programme (2014, 2015, 2017) have been conducted on socially relevant themes with the motive of inculcating professional ethics and competency in business and management.
Total commitment to Quality education in Commerce with a Holistic concern for better life, environment and society.
- Empowering the students with all the knowledge and guidance to become worthy commerce graduates.
- Strengthen the Department in the socially relevant research.
- Enable holistic development of personality with the human and global outlook.
- To inculcate interest among the students on entrepreneurship.
|1.||MR.P.JOHN VICTOR||M.Com., M.Phil., Ph.D., PGDCA.,||Vice-Principal &
|2.||DR.L.SOFIA||M.Com., M.Phil., Ph.D.,||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|3.||MRS.V.SUBASINI||M.Com (CA)., M.Phil., (Ph.D.,)||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|4.||MISS.C.RAJESWARI||M.Com (CA)., M.Phil., Ph.D.,||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|5.||DR.R.ANANDARAMAN||M.Com., M.Phil., Ph.D.,||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|6.||MR.P.RAJA||M.Com., M.Phil., MBA.,||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|7.||MR.S.ANTONY XAVIER||M.Com., M.Phil.,||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|8.||DR.S.RAJESHKANNA||M.Com., M.Phil., Ph.D.,||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
- S.BABY (Reg.No.1251836) got 4th Rank in University Exam (2012-14 Batch)
- 3 Students participated in Pothigai TV Pongal Programme
- II B.Com V.CHANDIRAN has selected as a university Kabaddi player. He also participated in Indian level match held on 19-12- 2011.
- II.M.COM Students Mr. Mayakkannan and Mr.Perumal both were selected and recruited by the CRPF (Police) department as constables in the month of February 2013.
- III.B.COM – S.Durairaj has selected for NCC Camp.
- G.Dinesh kumar III.B.Com and A. Raja III.B.Com, G.Manikandan I.M.Com T.Chandiran, V.Chandiran II.M.COM participated in divisional and interdivisional Kabaddi match Kallakuruchi and got the II-place, which held in Dr.R.K.S. College.
- III.B.COM G.Dinesh kumar, I.M.Com T.Chandiran and V.Chandiran participated in CM TROPHY Kabaddi held in Thiruvannamalai for university Kabaddi team in Nagarjuna University, Andhra.
- The Following Students participated in the inter- collegiate boxing competition which held at vellore and played till semifinal.
- III.B.COM – M.Dinesh Kumar (56 kg weight)
- III.B.COM – M.Ponnuvel (53 kg weight)
- II.B.COM – M.Strauk Basha (70 kg weight)
- R. Muthamizhvel III.B.Com, Mr. Madeswaran I.B.COM and Balraj II.B.COM participated in foot ball match held in villupuram and played till semi-final and also R. Muthamizhvel III.B.Com, got first place in inter-division match which held in vellore. They have participated in inter – collegiate match which held at Karunya university.
- L. Ikbal and D. Antony Vino of II.B.Com and R.Ragunath and C.Elumalai I.B.COM and got II place in inter collegiate KHOKHO match which held at Ulundurpet.
- M. Naveen Kumar I.B.COM Participated in inter-collegiate volley ball match which held at villupuram.
- R. Ashok Kumar II.B.COM Participated in the following matches.
- Inter divisional match, Karunya University, Coimbatore.
- Inter divisional match, cuddalore, university selection match Thirupathur.
- I.B.COM Miss. Narmadha and Miss. Vinotha got first place in Vallalar Mandram cultural programme.
- Group dance event held at sankarapuram.
- I.M.COM V.Chandiran has recognized as a university kabaddi player.
- II.B.COM D. Antony Vino has recognized as a university KHOKHO player.
- S. Baby M.COM got 4 th rank in Thiruvalluvar University
- M. Naveen Kumar II.B.Com Selected for NCC CAMP.
- III.B.COM M. Naveen Kumar has selected for NCC Camp at New Delhi and Pondichery.
- III.B.COM M. Naveen Kumar has participated in the NCC camp at Thanjur.
- III.B.COM L.Elumalai, M.Manikandan and R.Rajaram have participated in cross country event at Cuddalore.
- I.B.COM P.Anitha won first place in Tamil speech.
- Our III.B.COM M. Naveen Kumar has selected for NCC Parade at New Delhi (Red Fort) on 26 th January 2016 (Republic Day)
- I.B.COM P.Anitha won first place in Tamil Floation. She is also acted and complied the Dr.Ambedkar Drama for pothigai channel.
|NAME OF THE STAFF||PAPER PUBLISHED||PAPER PRESENTED||SEMINAR PARTICIPATION||BOOK
|Mr. P. JOHN VICTOR||8||5||5||–|
|DR. L. SOFIA||10||5||5||–|
|Mrs. V. SUBASINI||4||3||1||–|
|Miss. C. RAJESWARI||03||3||3||–|
|Dr. R. ANANDARAMAN||44||17||17||01|
|MR. S. ANTONY XAVIER||01||3||03||–|
|MR. P. RAJA||5||3||5||–|
- Periodical seminar, workshop and conference
- Guest lecture programme
- Freshers’ day
- Farewell day
- Intra-department competition
- Motivation programme
- Training and development programme
- Involving in social activities like NSS, NCC, Blood Donation etc.,
- Pidi Arisi Scheme (Handful Rice Scheme)
- Providing PPT and ICT enabled classes
|Date||INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR||Resource Person||ISBN|
|E- Commerce in the
|DR.KARTHIKEYAN & DR.MAHENDIRAN
|S.No||Date||National Seminar||Resource Person||ISBN|
|Challenges of Small Scale Business under FDI concept||DR. NATARAJAN
|2||14th March 2014||Emerging Trends in Saving Schemes in India||DR.SHANMUGA SUNDARAM
|3||05.03.2015||Challenges and Opportunities of Marketing under new Economic reforms Policy in India||DR.AMILAN
|4||18.02.2016||Consumer protection on Unfair Trade practice||DR.PARAMASIVAM
EVR COLLEGE, TRICHY
|1||14th August 2014||
Application of statistical tools for research
GOVT. ARTS COLLEGE
|S.NO||STAFF NAME||DESIGNATION||MAIL ID|
|01||Mr. P. JOHN VICTOR||HODfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|02||DR. L. SOFIA||Asst. Professor|
|03||Mrs. V. SUBASINI||Asst. Professoremail@example.com|
|04||Miss. C. RAJESWARI||Asst. Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|05||Dr. R. ANANDARAMAN||Asst. Professoremail@example.com|
|06||MR. S. ANTONY XAVIER||Asst. Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|07||DR. S.RAJESHKANNA||Asst. Professoremail@example.com|
|08||MR. P. RAJA||Asst. Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|