INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE SYSTEM
In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
To make quality the defining element of higher education in India through a combination of self and external quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance initiatives.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programme action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the College.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- To facilitate the sense of belongingness is participative mode with various units of the institution.
- To establish procedures and modalities to collect data and information on various aspects of institutional functioning and the individuals.
- To ensure the education offered here to be effective and efficient with high standards.